Monday, February 12, 2018

Prayers for the Mother of Mercy





Prayers for the Mother of Mercy 

Hail Most Gracious Mother of Mercy

Hail, most gracious Mother of Mercy! Hail, Mary for whom we fondly yearn and through whom we obtain forgiveness! Who would not love thee? 

Thou art our light in uncertainty, our comfort in sorrow, our consolation in trial and our refuge from every danger and temptation. 

Thou art our sure hope of salvation, second only to thine only-begotten Son. Happy are they who love thee, Our Lady! I beg of thee, listen graciously to the prayers of this thy servant, a miserable sinner. 

Scatter the darkness of my sins by the bright beams of thy holiness so that I may be pleasing in thy sight.

Amen.

O Mother of Mercy!

O Star of the Wave!
O Hope of the Guilty!
O Light of the Grave!
Through thee may we come
To the haven of rest;
And see heaven's King
In the courts of the blest.

Amen.

A Prayer to Our Lady of Mercy

O Mary, our dear Lady of Jasna Gora, look graciously
upon your children in this troubled and sinful world.
Embrace us all in your loving and Motherly protection.
Protect our youth from godless ways;
assist our dear ones, who have grown old,
to prepare for their journey home;
Spare our children from all hatred, discrimination and war.
Fill our hearts, our homes and our world with the peace
and love, which comes only from your Son whom you
so tenderly embrace.
O Queen and Mother, be our comfort and strength!
In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.

Prayers to Jesus and Mary for Mercy

Lord Jesus Christ, eternal and merciful God,
Creator and Redeemer of all, listen to my prayer.

For the love Thou doth bear to those who ask forgiveness,
look on me with mercy, as once Thou didst look on Mary Magdalen,
and on Peter who denied Thee.

Look on me, Lord Jesus Christ, as Thou didst looked at the thief on his cross
and on every sinner whom Thou hast ever forgiven.

Look on me, merciful Lord, as Thou didst look on Thy Mother, Mary,
standing in sorrow beneath Thy Cross.

Let me feel in my heart her compassion for Thee,
and let my eyes weep for Thy sorrows, caused by my sinful life.

Call me back from the darkness to my Father's house, give me a new heart
and a place at Thy side in the banquet Thou hast prepared for me. Amen.

Hail, Mary, my joy, my glory, my heart and my soul!
Thou art all mine through thy mercy, and I am all thine.
But I am not thine completely enough.

Destroy in me all that may be displeasing to God.
Place and cultivate in me everything that is pleasing to thee.

Amen.
Prayer to Our Lady, Mother of Mercy

Blessed Virgin Mary, who can worthily repay you with praise and thanks for having rescued a fallen world by your generous consent! 

Receive our gratitude, and by your prayers obtain the pardon of our sins. 
Take our prayers into the sanctuary of heaven and enable them to make our peace with God.

Holy Mary, help the miserable, strengthen the discouraged, comfort the sorrowful, pray for your people, plead for the clergy, intercede for all women consecrated to God. 

May all who venerate you feel now your help and protection. 
Be ready to help us when we pray and bring back to us the answers to our prayers. 
Make it your continual concern to pray for the people of God, for you were blessed by God and were made worthy to bear the Redeemer of the World, who lives and reigns forever.

Amen. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...